Rebecca Nicholas, clinic director and principle Chiropractor, at Back 2 Balance, Hove, gives her tops tips for surviving Christmas in a 12 day countdown.
Wrapping presents and writing Christmas cards
Your posture and length of time sitting in one position doing the wrapping and writing is often much to be desired! Think about what your Chiropractor would think if they saw you hunched over the floor or dining table for 4 hours straight, not shifting and standing up….. The research backs us up here- after 30minutes of sitting your postural muscles around your spine start switching off. your spine is designed for movement not sitting. Here are my tips for surviving wrapping and writing:
- get up and move every 30 minutes
- spread the writing of cards and the wrapping of presents over several evenings
- many shops do a free gift wrap service- take them up on their offer!
- use gift bags rather than wrapping paper- there are some really nice ones out there in the shops, and saves tonnes of time, energy, and are spine saving!
- get your other half to share the load- you both write half the cards each, and wrap half the presents each. simples.
Why don’t you give us a selfie of you wrapping your presents or writing your cards. Here’s mine 😉
Think before you sit! Don’t wait till you get neck pain and need a chiropractic adjustment!